Tuesday, October 23, 2012

King Norodom Sihanouk

Today is the 7th day of the mourning day for the former King Norodom Sihanouk. In the memories of the most admirable King of my generation. The past eight days has been "a-not-so-good-day" for me, my family, and all of us as a Cambodian. I'm pretty sure every house all over the country did watch their television following the first day till the last one here... And so did my family. I've got to admit that I cried while watching it. Especially, those old documentary which is undeniably will hit you in your head! Words can't actually describe what I actually feel, I just knew I got goosebumps all over my body while watching it. It took you to the awesome events in the past, the everything, the developed Cambodia, the admirable King, the hard-working King with the delighted smile and stuff. And then, it makes you think, compare the present time and the past time... (which is so far different)... Now I could see it, how one mistake could change everything, could turn the world upside down in just that one mistake! Tsk tsk. He spent his whole life only for Cambodia and Cambodian people, it's sad how I got to know about this fact only when he finally leaves us. It's like, we don't know the value of something until it's gone - And it's already too late to be sad about it. Okay, I would like to end my post here.

To our King Father Norodom Sihanouk, you will be missed and remembered. May you rest in peace, and hope your soul will continue to bless Cambodia and us Cambodians like you use to.

Love,

(Photo credits goes to the rightful owners, I do not own it.)

No comments:

Post a Comment